For all puppies under the age of 20 weeks at the start of the course. For smaller breeds, we will accept older puppies too.
Our Banstead puppy life skills classes incorporate teaching essential life skills through fun games and science based training. The first week of class is done without puppies present - so come along, enjoy tea and coffee and come to class with a pen and notebook. In this lesson, we will get you all on the right path when it comes to toilet training, how to deal with playbiting, crate training, how your children can safely interact with your puppy, how to play with your puppy, how to reward your puppy and lots more!! You can also ask any questions about any other puppy 'problems' you may be having.
From the second week, the training starts with your puppy and will cover the following:
- Teaching your puppy his name and how to call him away from anything to come back to you
- How to keep your puppy's focus when out on a walk
- Being calm and settled on a mat or in his bed
- Lots of recall games - that's for getting your dog to come back to you
- How to get your puppy walking nicely on a lead...without them pulling you or vice versa!
- Teaching dogs manners around people....so teaching them to keep all four feet on the floor when greeting humans, and not jumping up
- Self-control games around food and other items
- Dropping things they have picked up....puppies like to put everything in their mouth!
- How to keep your puppy mentally stimulated at home by keeping their busy minds occupied....rather than them making up their own fun and digging up the garden, or stealing the laundry!
Daylight permitting, we will also do some training outside as well as indoors.
Before the class starts, you will receive a training pack via email which will have everything that we will be teaching, but we do encourage you to also bring a pen and notepad to make further notes. You will also be invited to our CK9 Life Skills Facebook group, where you can ask questions, share success stories, photos, arrange puppy play dates and lots more!
Upon completion of the course, you will receive a Puppy Certificate and rosette along with a goodie bag.
Our Wednesday evening classes take place at:
Warren Mead School
For exact details on our classes, please go to our Class Locations.