For all puppies under the age of 20 weeks old at the start of the course. If your puppy is over 20 weeks old, please see our Adolescent Dog Life Skills classes under the Adult Dog Services tab.
Our puppy trainer in Epsom will cover all the basic life skills needed to have a well-mannered pet. The class is spent with the puppies both on and off the lead, giving them plenty of time to socialise and learn bite inhibition. We make sure you will learn the necessary ideas on how to train your puppy without keeping them on-lead even if there are distractions.
Our puppy trainer in Ewell will educate you on the best way to handle all sorts of puppy problems such as play biting, chewing, stealing, and jumping up. Our classes focus on understanding how dogs learn so you can teach them polite behaviour and invaluable social skills. We will also help you understand the importance of mental stimulation, and go through the best way to toilet train your puppy.
To give you a basic idea of what our puppy training classes entail, here are the skills and values we teach:
- How to correctly socialise your puppy
- How to get and keep your puppy's attention
- Recalls away from other dogs, people and other distractions such as food and toys
- Walking on a loose lead without pulling
- How to relax and stay calm amongst distractions
- Manners and self-control around food, dogs and people
- Sit, down and stand - how to stay in these positions
- Leave and drop
- How to correctly handle and examine your puppy
- Preventing food aggression
- How to deal with jumping up, chewing and playbiting
- Ideas to mentally stimulate your puppy and keep their busy minds occupied
Our Saturday puppy classes take place at Nonsuch Scout Hall, Bluegates, Ewell, Surrey, KT17 2SA, with a lesson taking place in Nonsuch Park. Training takes place both indoors and outside.
No reviews were found.